Follow This BlogClick to follow this blog and receive notification of new posts by email
Video – Classic Earl Weaver berating an umpirehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-4FSRYagc&feature=youtu.be
Receive Twitter updates from @brewonsouthu
- Knight Comm. Hearings: NCAA Student Rep Gushes That He’s Lucky to Get Invited on the ‘Field Trip’
- NCAA VP Lennon Unveils NCAA 2015 Euphemism-of-the-Year at Knight Comm.: “Being College Eligible”
- Illinois’ Simon Cvijanovic Has Asked the Athletics Gorilla to Dance, And Needs to Think About His Records
- Brady Retains Kessler: The NCAA Sports Tectonic Plates Just Shifted, and Earthquakes Will Follow
- Michigan’s New Concussion Policy Pays Only Lip Service to ‘Medical Independence’ From Athletic Department
- The College Sports Pharaohs’ Talking Points: Protecting Their Dying Protectorate
- Kick the NCAA, Athletic Depts and Coaches Out of Academics: Revoke Players’ FERPA Waivers
- Louisville Player’s ‘Breach of Scholarship Promise” Suit Against UL and Charlie Strong is Continued
- ESPN: What’s Under the Golden Dome?
- Story of the Week — Fight Fiercely Harvard – HBS Prof Tries to “Take Out” Chinese restaurant
- The Hand of God: Odell Beckham, Jr. in Pre-Game and Elsewhere
- Gone, Baby Gone — Climate Change Simplified : Glacier National Park’s glacier Count Down From 150 to 25
- Harvard-Yale — 10th Anniversary of Harvard Fans’ “We Suck” — Greatest Game-Day Prank Ever
- A Primer for Princeton Guy Dr. Schlissel: How to Ride the Mad Bull of Michigan Football
- Remember: Michigan Gave Joe Parker a “Letter of Reprimand” On His Way Out
- How Jamie Morris Saved Dave Brandon’s Ass, Four Years Ago
- If UM President Schlissel Sits in Student Section at Tomorrow’s Indiana Game, He Becomes a National Folk Hero
- UM President Schlissel: New Michigan AD Should be Secy of Education Arne Duncan
- Wainstein Shows UNC Compliance a Lifeless Raggedy-Andy Doll – And Self-Reporting by Schools a Sham
- Airplane Banner on Flyover in East Lansing, At Michigan – MSU Game
- Salt Water Pool at Seaside, Cape Town, South Africa
- Wainstein’s UNC White-Shoe Review: Email Trails and the Insider’s Hokey Pokey Line Dance
- The Fight Doc in a Lifeguard Chair — State of the Art Football Concussion-Management
- Michigan’s Brandon & MSU’s Hollis Proposal to NCAA: Let Us Fill Empty Seats on TV with “Photoshopped” Students
- Big 12 Bowlsby’s $25,000 Fine of ISU AD Jamie Pollard Jumps the Gun
- Notre Dame ‘Academic 5″ Case Shows Why Player Accused of Academic Violation Should Revoke FERPA Waiver
- How ISU AD Jamie Pollard and Edward Snowden Are Alike: Civil Disobedience and Whistleblowing the Whistleblowers
- Why Does Notre Dame “Academic 5″ Allow School to Say Anything About Academic Charges?
- Brandon Bids Brady Bye-Bye
- To Michigan’s Brandon and Pres. Dr. Schlissel: Will Morris Hit Be Included in $30 Million Concussion Study Run by Michigan?
- Gene Marsh’s Big Ten Panegyric: Objective?
- Ray Rice Video Showed Elevator Punch — But Also Roger Goodell in the Background, with Broom and Shovel
- Goodell Handled Rice Using His Long-Standing Primary Goal: Just Keep the Lid on It
- What Ray Rice Now Needs to Do
- Haden, Radakovich, Gould & Alvarez: Prima Donna AD’s Who Will Corrupt Process on CFB Selection Committee?
- Ray Rice’s Cold Indifference: His Fist Could’ve Killed His Fiance
- Why Should I Care What Colt’s Jim Irsay Does, or is Fined?
- 49’ers McDonald, Roger Goodell and Domestic Violence Due Process: How Duke Lax Lesson Solves Goodell’s Dilemma
- Under Goodell’s New Domestic Violence Policy, Ray Rice Could’ve Gotten No Penalty
- Whither Wainstein UNC Review? Hard-hitting Freeh-Style, or UMiami and FISA Court White-Shoe Tap-Dance?
- K-State’s Bill Snyder is Miss Piggy: “Sanctimonious? – Moi?
- Why Germany Clobbered Brazil 7-1 – WSJ on German Soccer Big Data, http://on.wsj.com/W2J8LL
- NBA Players’ Association Must Hire Don Fehr Now
- UNC Academic Scandals Will be Reviewed Using Wainstein’s ‘Prudential Concern’ Standard?
- How Rich Rod Should Fight Saban and Bielma “Slow-Down” Rules Proposal
- NCAA Decision Shows Clemson AD Dan Radakovich Would “Taint” Football Championship Selection Committee
- Weiner, Braun, MLB Owners, and Rutgers’ White-Shoe Whitewash: Doin’ The Same Thing Again?
- Wainstein Touted Emmert’s Miami “Prudential Concerns” AND Authorized NSA Surveillance
- Astonishing Video – Ukrainian Daredevil Building-Hangs
- McGehee of Steubenville High: A Story to be Taught in Every High School
See NYTimes greatest typo ever http://bit.ly/zRHmmj
Tag Archives: NFL
Ray Rice Video Showed Elevator Punch — But Also Roger Goodell in the Background, with Broom and Shovel
You probably thought that the most important thing about the Ray Rice “second video” was that it exposed what really went on in that elevator. You’re wrong. We knew from the first video that there had to have been a … Continue reading
Look, even if Roger Goodell loses his “Bounty” case, he still wins. If you believe the news accounts concerning the hearing before Federal Judge Berrigan last Friday, she could barely restrain herself from ruling in favor of the Saints’ Vilma. Judge … Continue reading
Below is a highly subjective listing of “Greatest Tweets” sent during last-weekend’s (March 2-3) outstanding MIT Sloan School Sports Analytics Conference. This “select” list is by no means random; but I make no representations about the quality, provenance, accuracy (or … Continue reading
The Bombshell in Peter King’s SI MMQB Column: Gregg Williams’ Redskin Defense Started Peyton’s Neck Problems?
Peter King’s MMQB column might be the best one-week “global tour” of a sport which is out in print now. His writing is effervescent, he has great access for interviews, scrambles hard, and has a sense of humor. The best, … Continue reading
“Bounties” Are A “big deal” –NFL Carriers Are Jacking Premiums as Liability Tectonic Plates Shifting
Below is WEEI Sports Radio host Gerry Callahan’s tweet about Shawn Merriman’s comment in the SI article on the New Orleans “bounty” issue. Good question from Shawn Merriman: ‘Why is this a big deal? Bounties have been going on forever.’ … Continue reading
Sloan Sports Conf- Nowinski: 90% of Concussions Undiagnosed; 75% of Football Head Trauma At Practice
MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, Sat. March 3, 2012. Presenter: Chris Nowinski of the Sports Legacy Institute: How New Concussion Technology Will Force Radical Change in Sports Nowinski’s presentation was not highly attended, which might have been expected for a largely … Continue reading
At the MIT Sloan School Sports Conference, according to tweets from those in attendance, it was made clear that current broadband levels would not accommodate the necessary levels of NFL viewers to even allow streaming of NFL games on the … Continue reading
“ESPN deal to show ESPN3 directly on Facebook walls is the future of media.” – John Skipper John Skipper, ESPN President since January 2012 (according to Wikipedia) revealed at today’s MIT Sloan School Sports Conference Seminar entitled “Media Rights: … Continue reading