Baylor announced today that it does NOT agree to waive all claims it may have against the SEC in its actions to pluck Texas A&M from the Big 12 nest, and tuck A&M within its’ own fold. The Big 12 contracts which bind its’ members are bedrock elements which need to be carefully analyzed before dismissing Stars’s claims. Baylor is, indeed, properly preserving its’ claims over against the PAC 12 for any similar, subsequent tortious interference, by asserting first its claims against SEC. And Ken Starr may be one of the most priggish, antidiluvian and personally obnoxious characters one might bump into, but the man has HEFT: SCOTUS veteran and former federal judge who has ready access to the intellectual and financial elite of the right. Watch out. Add to all this that the guys running College Football (and this includes the SEC’s Mike Slive, who comes out of that same oxygen-and-reason-starved terrarium where reside the NCAA, its member schools, and their horseshit, money-skimming conferences) are lawless cowboys who use the facade of “Oh its all just a sport, and an amateur one at that” to pick the pockets of young adult entertainer-athletes while skimming millions and billions. And — in this case — to blow off contractual (and financial) obligations which run between members of the Big 12. I don’t like Starr, but I’m with him all the way. More important: I’m BETTING on him.
Follow This BlogClick to follow this blog and receive notification of new posts by email
Video – Classic Earl Weaver berating an umpirehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-4FSRYagc&feature=youtu.be
Receive Twitter updates from @brewonsouthu
- The House of Cards Pitino Built: Louisville Lessons for Coaches and AD’s
- NCAA: UCF Kicker De La Haye Can Promote Nike, Not Himself
- Bowlsby’s Bye Bye Ms. Amateurism Pie and NCAA Spooky Action at a Distance
- Watch Knight Commission and Arne Duncan Go Off the Rails Again Tomorrow
- Wisconsin’s Nigel Hayes Interviews Marvin Miller about a Final Four Players’ Strike
- Why Michigan’s Beilein Should Be Calling Ten Other Coaches With $20 Million Contracts
- Why Every College Head Coach Should be Using His Wife’s Cell Phone
- Elegy For the Dying College Athlete Employee: NLRB General Counsel, Dashing Out the Door, Gets Valiant
- What the Puck
- Nike Internships for Jourdan Lewis (Mich), Curtis Samuel (OSU), & D’Onta Foreman (Tx)?
- LEAD1, Fat-Cat AD’s, Tom McMillen, & the Recruit’s #1 Question
- Why Minnesota Former Coach Claeys & AD Coyle Have Title IX Culpability: Recruiting Rules Have Changed
- What Wakey-Leaks Should Make Every AD Do
- Cut Ties With Nike, Say Georgetown Students Who Just Occupied Pres DeGioia’s Office
- Daughter Fiona (works for Clinton Fdtn in Capetown, S.A.), with boyfriend Dylan, and Bill Clinton yesterday
- College Lineman Beefing Up May Increase Risk for Hypertension and Heart Problems
- KState’s Rich Elder Eunuch Statesman Bill Snyder & the Broken State of College Football
- Nike, Knight, OSU’s Drake & Gene Smith: An Easy Way to Good Insurance for Nike Player-Promoters
- Protections for Its College Player-Promoters? – Nike’s Cowering in the Locker-Room John
- Nike and the Power 5 College Player’s Safety: Watch Out for the Locomotive
- Spatting and the Mini-Letter Every College Athlete Must Immediately Send to the AD
- Biggest NCAA Reform in Two Years Proposes to Gut School Compliance Duty
- Kings’ Fans Can Now Bet Against Each Other: Gambling & Data Camels Poke Noses Under Arena Tent
- NCAA Players Strike for Decent Insurance? No, Don’t Strike – Spat!
- How Louisville BKB, a Stripper, a Doctor and an AG May Change Compliance Practice at NCAA Schools
- Michigan-Nike Contract: the School Seizes and Sells New Player Data
- Riley Curry – So Fly
- Hop Skip and Jump to Home
- Incredible Video – Steph Curry’s Twelve Threes in One Game
- The Tortoise of Student-Athlete Power Advances: Queens College SAs force Removal of BKB Coach for Abuse
- Utah Jazz Portray the Trump Question: was that left … or right?
- No Wonder People Hate Duke: Grayson Allen trips another opponent
- Wadda Save!
- Erin Andrews’ Peeping Trial Begins Next Week
- Court Tosses former UNC Players’ “Negligent Education” Suit Filed Against UNC
- Adriana Aviles Has Kicked Leukemia
- Unbelievable: This Kid is 5’5″ and Jams on the Big Guys Down Low
- Va Tech AD’s Nike Junket Violates State Conflict Law?
- College Athletes & FSLA: Judge, Lost in Fog of Amateurism, Crawls Down Woodchuck Hole with NLRB
- Great Nowitzki – Kobe photo: Men Who Played a Game
- College Athletes Take Note: Ca. Court Tosses Caddy’s Lawsuit, Claiming Violation of NIL Rights
- Beautiful, Apparent Game-Winning 3-Pointer
- Pa. Court: Waiver of Liability Signed by Jr. College FB Players Bars Negligence Suit
- More Hot Curry
- Dr. Hainline Admits NCAA and Schools Cause ‘Silent Injury’ to Student-Athletes
- Photo of Hank Aaron, 1952, Leaving to Join Indy Clowns
- Don’t Copy this Free-Throw Form
- Louisville Ban –Lesson for the Recruit: How to Protect from Effect of a Later Post-Season Ban
- NDSU Students Say ‘No’ to Student Fee Increase for Athletic Dept.
- Jason Maxiell Cranky About Getting Fouled in Chinese BKB League
See NYTimes greatest typo ever http://bit.ly/zRHmmj