Follow This BlogClick to follow this blog and receive notification of new posts by email
Video – Classic Earl Weaver berating an umpirehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-4FSRYagc&feature=youtu.be
Receive Twitter updates from @brewonsouthu
- Astonishing Video – Ukrainian Daredevil Building-Hangs
- McGehee of Steubenville High: A Story to be Taught in Every High School
- I Repeat: NCAA “Enforcement Review” by Cadwalader Found NO Violations
- PSU’s Compliance With Mitchell ‘Integrity Report’: Two ‘Authorized’ Adults Present When Young Recruits Visit?
- NCAA/Miami ‘Prudential Concerns’ vs. NCAA/UConn Knowing Violation of Federal Statutory Mandates
- The Fatuous NCAA Enforcement Review Report: Julie Roe Lash Got Bagged to Save Emmert and Remy.
- Badly Flawed NCAA Enforcement Review Uses Ouija Board – Not Rule of Law- to Find Violations
- Baby Elephant Body-Surfing in Ocean — Phuket, Thailand
- Calling the Paterno’s Bluff: Why Didn’t You Produce Joe’s Daily Calendar? And All the Other Boxes of His Docs?
- Sue Paterno Got Hosed by Her Own Attorneys: the ‘Partial’ Paterno Report Hides Relevant Documents
- Mark Emmert’s Own ‘Doo-Doo Process’ Allows Passing Judgment BEFORE His Own Investigation Completes
- Emmert Fails Due Process 101: NCAA’s Self-Reporting-Based System is Dead and Needs New Leadership
- UMiami and NCAA: Shapiro’s Attorney Denies Wrongdoing, Finds Emmert ‘Shocking’ Claim Very ‘Suspicious’
- Notre Dame Got ‘Whiff’ of Gambling in Te’o Story, But Hid; We Still Need Post-9/12 Phone Records
- Loopy Emmert Jumps Gun Again, Says Miami NCAA Investigation ‘Shocking’ – So It Probably Isn’t
- Notre Dame Ignores Te’o's NCAA Duty to Produce Records: Sham Investigation Buffaloes NCAA, Buries Evidence
- Notre Dame’s Sham Investigation: They Hung Te’o Out to Dry, and Violated NCAA Bylaws by Not Reporting
- Are Notre Dame and Swarbrick Now Throwing Te’o Under the Bus?
- ND’s AD Swarbrick Duped the Press for Three Weeks
- Bird Words From the Herd – A Transcript of Tweets re: Deadspin and Te’o's Dead-Spin
- A Challenge to the NRA to Promote Good: a Tax On Every Gun and Bullet Sold
- Sen.Mitchell’s PSU Report Stunner: Must ALL Coaches ALWAYS Have a Second Adult Present?
- How Sen.Mitchell’s Integrity Report Overlooks PSU’s Effort to ‘Gut’ a Basic Reform
- Pioli, Crennel and Hunt Must Be Asked About Very Relevant Javon Belcher History
- Nobody Has Explained Why Javon Belcher Did Not Play in the Last Chief’s Game Preceding His Murder-Suicide
- Deadspin (Dead on Arrival) Falsely Reports that McNair “won” suit vs. NCAA
- Tulsa AD Was Admitted Gambler at Time of Hire — And Pres. Upham Suspends Parmlee With Pay
- Twins at Birth: David Patraeus and David Spade
- Why “Third Party Relationships” are NOT the NCAA’s Biggest Issue
- Broadwell on Oct 26: My Long Term Goal is to Become the National Security Advisor
- Jill Kelley Ain’t No Party Planner; She and Broadwell are CIA. And they both probably had General Sex
- Fujita Calls Out Goodell’s Inconsistent, Craven Effort to Blame Players for Concussions and Player Safety Problems
- Awesome 5-Hour Bread Recipe for Knuckleheads. Total Time Off Couch: 5 minutes
- ‘Scoreboard Baby’: the Beheaded Canary at the UWash Mines – and College Football Everywhere
- Posnanski on Paterno: You Can Lead a Whore to Culture, But You Can’t Make Her Think
- Posnanski’s Book-Diorama, Paterno as Shoe ‘Runner’,and the Great 20th Century Sports-Content Grab
- Nerlens Noel and the NCAA Investigator Goons
- Tressel-Paterno-Freeh-Peppers, a 1924 Constitution, and Raggedy-Ann Doll Compliance
- Fred Taylor’s Forgiveness, and Marc Isenberg’s Excellent Book, “Money Players”
- Goodell’s Big Fear Isn’t Losing to Vilma- It’s the NFL’s Staggering Concussion Liability Exposure
- New York Times Op-Ed is “Weather Feigned”– Maine’s March 2012 Was Crocuses, Not Dr. Zhivago
- NCAA Head Coaches and the “Personal Cell Phone Dodge”: Court Voids Butch Davis’ Dodge
- Unattributed Quotes Generate Needed Accountability: A Response to Decourcy on “Most-Cheating” Quotes
- What the Press Reports Overlooked: ‘Sad But True’ Facts From a Full Read of the Freeh Report
- Today’s WAG [Wild-Assed-Guess]: Freeh and Emmert AGREED on Need for ‘Leak” to Prod Probe of PSU Assistants
- Heads Up to PSU Assistant Coaches: Freeh Prods NCAA to Investigate What You Knew And Did About Sandusky
- Real Impact of PSU Scandal: Paterno (and Tressel) Explode One of NCAA’s Three Big Lies
- Who’s Lying?: PSU’s Rodney Erikson, or Ed Ray, Mark Emmert and the NCAA?
- Erikson Stiff-Arms PSU Board to Bury His Prior Sandusky Knowledge?–or Did He and Emmert Ever Read Freeh?
- Freeh Has Slipped School Compliance Bureaucracies Some Steroids; Emmert Needs Immediate NCAA PSU Inquiry Into Jo Pa Lies
See NYTimes greatest typo ever http://bit.ly/zRHmmj
Tag Archives: NFL
Look, even if Roger Goodell loses his “Bounty” case, he still wins. If you believe the news accounts concerning the hearing before Federal Judge Berrigan last Friday, she could barely restrain herself from ruling in favor of the Saints’ Vilma. Judge … Continue reading
Below is a highly subjective listing of “Greatest Tweets” sent during last-weekend’s (March 2-3) outstanding MIT Sloan School Sports Analytics Conference. This “select” list is by no means random; but I make no representations about the quality, provenance, accuracy (or … Continue reading
The Bombshell in Peter King’s SI MMQB Column: Gregg Williams’ Redskin Defense Started Peyton’s Neck Problems?
Peter King’s MMQB column might be the best one-week “global tour” of a sport which is out in print now. His writing is effervescent, he has great access for interviews, scrambles hard, and has a sense of humor. The best, … Continue reading
“Bounties” Are A “big deal” –NFL Carriers Are Jacking Premiums as Liability Tectonic Plates Shifting
Below is WEEI Sports Radio host Gerry Callahan’s tweet about Shawn Merriman’s comment in the SI article on the New Orleans “bounty” issue. Good question from Shawn Merriman: ‘Why is this a big deal? Bounties have been going on forever.’ … Continue reading
Sloan Sports Conf- Nowinski: 90% of Concussions Undiagnosed; 75% of Football Head Trauma At Practice
MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, Sat. March 3, 2012. Presenter: Chris Nowinski of the Sports Legacy Institute: How New Concussion Technology Will Force Radical Change in Sports Nowinski’s presentation was not highly attended, which might have been expected for a largely … Continue reading
At the MIT Sloan School Sports Conference, according to tweets from those in attendance, it was made clear that current broadband levels would not accommodate the necessary levels of NFL viewers to even allow streaming of NFL games on the … Continue reading
“ESPN deal to show ESPN3 directly on Facebook walls is the future of media.” – John Skipper John Skipper, ESPN President since January 2012 (according to Wikipedia) revealed at today’s MIT Sloan School Sports Conference Seminar entitled “Media Rights: … Continue reading